July 22, 2019

Review: Lock Every Door by Riley Sager





















Lock Every Door by Riley Sager

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: July 2019
Lock Every Door  


Jules has just lost her job, her boyfriend and her home all in the same day. She is currently living with her best friend, Chloe. When the opportunity presents itself for her to live in one of the most exclusive apartment buildings in New York City, The Bartholomew, she can't pass up on the chance. Not only does she get to live there, she's getting paid to do so as an apartment sitter. This is an opportunity Jules can not pass up despite the protestations of Chloe, she has to get back on her feet. So she takes the job even though the rules are a little strict. Shortly after moving in, Jules meets another apartment sitter, Ingrid, who is unsure about continuing to live at The Bartholomew. When Jules is ready to ask her about it, Ingrid disappears without a trace. What happened to Ingrid and other apartment sitters that have gone missing? What dark secrets lie within The Bartholomew?

Thank you to NetGalley & Dutton books for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I was so excited to get this book from NetGalley. Last year I read both of Riley Sager's books and I was looking forward to this one. It did not disappoint. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and I definitely didn't see the ending coming.

If I was a single young woman and was given the opportunity to live in an exclusive apartment and get paid for it, I would jump on that in a heartbeat. I don't think I would care about rules or anything, just tell me where to sign and let me sit back and collect the cash.

Another reason Jules is so quick to accept this opportunity is because her favorite book is set in the building. I think many readers would love to live in the place where their favorite book is set if they don't already. And Jules needs a little fantasy in her life since she has lost both parents and her sister. At first The Bartholomew seems like a dream place to live. With a courteous doorman, friendly neighbors and a doctor as one of the residents, it's idyllic. But when Ingrid goes missing, Jules starts to question everything. The explanation she receives for the sudden departure doesn't sound right and the police aren't willing to help because she doesn't know enough about Ingrid to form a case.

What is she going to do? Will she discover the secrets of the building before it's too late?

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy for yourself, click the book cover below:

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I'm glad you enjoyed this one! I did too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome. So far I have liked all of his books.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.