January 28, 2019

Review: A Gathering of Secrets by Linda Castillo





A Gathering of Secrets by Linda Castillo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: 2018

Kate Burkholder is the chief of police for the small town of Painter's Mill in Ohio. When a young Amish man is found burned to death in his family's barn, Kate is determined to find out who is responsible. Being ex-Amish herself, Kate has a strong connection to the people. But trying out to find out who would have wanted Daniel Gingerich dead is turning into quite a list. You see, Daniel wasn't the good Amish boy every portrayed him to be. He had a dirty secret and once Chief Burkholder is able to uncover his secrets, she may be able to find his killer.

Thank you to Minotaur Books for the opportunity to read and review this book.

When I first heard about this book, I was quite intrigued by the story line. I didn't know that this was a part of a series, so that was a little disappointing, but I don't feel like I missed out on too much. I definitely want to go back and read the rest of the series.

Daniel Gingerich is in the period of an Amish person's life called Rumspringa. This is a time once Amish reach adulthood that they take the time to "find themselves". Daniel had a serious girlfriend and had plans to marry her. But he was a young man and attractive. He could have almost any girl he wanted. So why was he killed and who did it? When Kate finds out Daniel's secret, the suspect pool grows bigger and bigger the more she digs into this young man's life. The Amish community is so tight knit that no one wants to tell anyone's secrets.

This book was very hard to put down, and there were surprises I didn't see coming. I look forward to reading more books by Linda Castillo.

View all my reviews


To order a copy of this book for yourself, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.