January 24, 2019

Audio Book Review: Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella




Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: 2018

Sylvie and Dan have their annual check ups and discover that they have the probability of being married for the next 68 years. It gives them the idea to surprise each other in little ways to help keep their marriage alive. But will this really work to keep the marriage healthy? When the surprises start to backfire, Sylvie and Dan have to take a closer look at their lives together and try to reevaluate their choices.

Sophie Kinsella is one of those authors whose books I have on my TBR, but I haven't read very many of them. Her books are light-hearted and fun with a bit of an edge. This book had me laughing and crying. 68 years is an awfully long time to be with one person. I can only hope to have that with my husband. But what can you do to keep the romance alive and not get bored. Sylvie and Dan believe they have the right idea, but will everything blow up in their faces?

At first the surprises are small, a new piece of clothing, a changing of the decor in the kitchen. But then they get bigger. But when Dan starts to seem distant, Sylvie believes that everything she is trying to keep their marriage alive, is actually backfiring and she may lose Dan forever. When she finds out the truth, she will be crushed as well as fall more in love with her husband.

At first, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book. It took me a while to get into it, but after a while, I found myself wanting to know what was going to happen.

If you're a Sophie Kinsella fan, I highly suggest you read this book. If you're married, it's a great book to read.

View all my reviews


To order a copy of this book for yourself, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.