December 1, 2018

Review: Tampa by Alissa Nutting

Tampa by Alissa Nutting




My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: 2013

Celeste is an 8th grade English teacher. She is married to a handsome and wealthy man named Ford who is also a police officer. Celeste, herself is beautiful and could be a model instead of a teacher. But teaching is her chosen profession in order to find a way to quell her affinity for 14 year old boys. During her first year teaching, she finds the perfect candidate, Jack. Jack comes from a single parent home and his father works long hours. They have lots of time to be together. But when Jack wants more, Celeste has to find a way to end this relationship without hurting Jack or exposing her secret.

This book is disturbing on so many levels. First of all, even though I've seen in on the news several times, it's hard to believe that a grown woman would have any interest in a 14 year old boy. There are a few other things that happen in the book as well, that will give away too much to talk about here. I will say this book was like a bad car crash. Where you just can't look away. It was hard to put the book down, I had to find out what was going to happen in the end. The 3 stars for this rating is due mostly to the subject matter. There were parts that were hard to read, especially as a mother to a young boy. Overall, the book was pretty good and I will read other books by Alissa Nutting.

View all my reviews

To order this book for yourself, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.