December 3, 2018

Review: Number One Chinese Restaurant by Lillian Li


Number One Chinese Restaurant by Lillian Li
My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
Published:  2018


The Han's own The Duck House restaurant in Rockville, Maryland. The Duck House is a Chinese restaurant that has been a staple in the community for decades. Most of the employees have worked there since the beginning. Jimmy Han is not happy running his father's restaurant, though. He's ready to step out on his own.   So when a fire destroys The Duck House, he sees this as a perfect opportunity to go through with his plan. But, will the cause of the fire, prevent Jimmy from doing what he wants to do?

Thank you to Henry Holt and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I was really interested to read this book since it is based where I currently live. Books that are local to my area, always have me intrigued before even opening them up. But this one fell flat for me. I didn't really care what happened. There really wasn't too much excitement in the book beyond the fire. I did finish the book because I had to see if there was going to be something more that was going to happen. Unfortunately, it never did.

The basis of this book was the people in the relationship.  Although there were several main characters, I can't say that I really got to know any of these characters in a way that made me want to know more about them.  All of the characters are seriously flawed and they don't contribute much to the overall book.  I wanted to enjoy this book, but I couldn't find anything to keep me connected.

View all my reviews


To order a copy of this book for yourself, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.