December 14, 2018

Audio Book Review: The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy





The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: 2018

The May Mothers is a group of first time mothers in New York City who all have babies coming in May. Winnie, Francie, Nell, Collette, and Token seem to have the closest relationships in the group. The ladies meet before the babies are born and then a couple of months after the babies are born, they decide it's a good time for them to have a night out to enjoy themselves. Nell arranges for them to all meet at a bar called The Jolly Llama. While there, Winnie's son, Midas goes missing. All of the women are determined to find out what happened. But in their investigations, they find out more about each other than they ever could have imagined.

I really enjoyed this book. Normally, I listen to audio books on they way back and forth to work or when I'm in the car, but I found myself listening to this book as often as I could, so I could find out what happened to Baby Midas. The author has you fooled for a while thinking one person is responsible for this heinous crime, but then the twist comes along and **BOOM** mind blown. I didn't see it coming.

The funny part was when the twist did come, I was walking around the grocery store and I said a little loudly, "What the F***!" That got a few people to look in my direction.  I was never a part of a mommy group, so I couldn't quite relate to that part of the story.  But being concerned about the welfare of your child is something every mother can relate too.  There were parts when I was sure I knew how this story was going to end. But I was quite shocked.  Another great un-put-downable.

This is the first book I've read by Aimee Molloy, but I look forward to reading more. If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend that you do.



View all my reviews

To order this book for yourself, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.