August 9, 2018

Review: The Store by James Patterson


The Store by James Patterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: 2017

In this day and age everyone shops online and The Store has everything you want. The Store is so great, it can even predict what you want or need even before you know you need or want it. But who wants that much invasion into their lives? Jacob and Megan Brandeis intend to get to the core of The Store, to find it's inner workings and write a book to tell the whole world about it. But will The Store prove to be too much for this pair?

When reading this book and learning about The Store, the first thing that comes to mind is Amazon. I know Amazon is tracking me when I see what I was searching on my Facebook feed. An online shop that started selling books, but now you can buy anything from them. This is no Amazon, though, with surveillance cameras and microphones in every home and on every street lamp and sign. There is no privacy from The Store. Will Jacob and Megan be able to expose all inner workings of The Store before it's too late?

James Patterson is one of my favorites, but this book was just okay for me. It did make me think though about what would be next in life. Will drones be polluting the sky to bring us our packages and meals? Will there be a need for us to ever leave our homes and interact with people in person? I would hate for a world like that.



View all my reviews

To order a copy of this book for yourself or a friend, click the book cover below;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.