August 8, 2018

Review: How to Walk Away by Katherine Center

How to Walk Away by Katherine Center
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Published: 2018



Maggie Jacobson hates to fly. So when her boyfriend, Chip, decides to propose to her while he is flying a plane, she is flattered, but can't wait to land. That's when things go horribly wrong. There is an accident which leave Maggie paralyzed from the knee down. Life will never be the same for Maggie again, but will she and Chip be able to build a life together after this incident? Will Maggie be able to "walk" away from this event with her head held high and go on with life?

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martins Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.

What would you do if you're whole life literally got flipped upside down in a matter of moments? For Maggie her fear of flying came to a head with this accident. I'm not sure what I would do. This book started out very interesting for me. I dove in head first. I don't know where things slowed down for me. I wanted to find out what was going to happen next, but the ending seemed a bit predictable for me. Overall I enjoyed the book. I like the story line and the play on words with the title. With the title and the context of the book, I thought Maggie would one day walk away. There are a few times when I wanted to jump in the book and smack a couple of people. When you read the book, you will understand.

Even though Maggie was the main focus in this book, she wasn't the only one who had some issues they needed to "walk" away from. There is her sister who she hasn't seen or spoken to in three years. Her mother, who carries on a facade of being the perfect mother, but has some deep secrets, and Maggie's therapist, Ian. He loves the work he does, but every day his boss is tries to find ways to get him fired.

This is the first book I have read by Katherine Center. This was also the first I had heard of this author.

View all my reviews

To order a copy of this book for yourself, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.