June 1, 2018

Review: Dares, Lies and Geminis by Kat Alexander

Dares, Lies and Geminis by Kat Alexander
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: May 2018


Tristana and Peter live as roommates in a boarding house in Virginia. When they first meet, there is an instant connection between the two. Tristana, though, is too involved in her work and Peter is still working out issues of his own after the death of his brother.

Seraphina is a club girl who likes going out and finding the bad boys. Men that are willing to cheat to have a piece of her. Nathan stand on the sideline and watches her, trying to figure out why she is doing this to herself. But he is always there to step in in case there is a problem.

Will these couples ever get their lives together in order to be much happier as partners instead of singles? Will Tristana be able to break out of her shell around Peter? Will Nathan ever reveal himself to Seraphina and tell her his true feelings?


Thank you to Kat Alexander for the opportunity to read and review this book. She is now on my list of authors whose books I'm going to get without reading the description.

I was hooked on this story from the start. The characters are intriguing and I could totally identify with Seraphina. I was very anxious to find out what was going to happen with these characters. Then about half way through the book BOOM!!! The atomic bomb was dropped on the whole story. Usually when reading book, you know a twist is going to come or you can guess what is going to happen next. I didn't see this coming at all!! From that point on, nothing in life mattered except finding out what was going to happen next.

I can't say much more without giving away spoilers, but if you like a romantic novel with a huge twist, pick up this book today. It released May 29, 2018.

Author Interview

WCR: Where is your favorite place to write?

KA: I have to be at my desk, in the quiet, with a cup of coffee within arm’s reach. No music, no television blaring in the background, no social media to distract me, phone muted. If I’m really into a scene, then outside noise doesn’t get to me. If I’m struggling, though, people better back up really slowly.

WCR: Which character from this book do you most identify with?

KA: This is going to sound bad, but Seraphina. She acts brave, but she’s really not. She puts on a good act, though. She can immerse herself into the character she needs to portray and pulls it off really well. That’s how I feel when I’m in social situations. Game face is on, yet I am totally uncomfortable around people I don’t know.

WCR: Besides your own, what is your favorite book(s)?

KA: Typical answer: there are so many!!! For real. However, my two most favorites are The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas and Katherine by Anya Seton. I recommend those two books to everyone.
With The Count, I love how well-played Edmund set up the chess pieces to gain the vengeance he deserved. Dumas must have taken a lot of time to orchestrate that book.
With Katherine, the book is a real-life account of a true love story. It’s beautiful. Then, to find out that the historical figures, Katherine Swynford and John of Gaunt, Duke of Lancaster, are my nineteenth great-grandparents! that just makes this book so much more special to me. I appreciate all the research Seton must have done to make this book real and accurate


View all my reviews

To order a copy of any of Kat Alexander's books or her favorites, click the book covers below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.