June 8, 2018

Review: Paris Ever After by K.S.R. Burns


Paris Ever After by K.S.R. Burns
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: May 2018

Amy has been staying in Paris for the past few months. After the death of her best friend, she had to fulfill their dream of going to Paris. The problem, she took off without saying anything to anyone, including her husband. When she returns home, he says he doesn't want to see her anymore, so she goes back to Paris. She makes new friends, finds a place to live and even finds a little job to keep her busy. But as she is gathering items for her birthday celebration, she sees her husband in Paris. What is he doing here? Why didn't he tell her he was coming? Why hasn't he replied to any of her texts or phone calls? And why does he look like that? Over the few days he is in Paris, Amy's life will change dramatically. Will she return to the States with him, or will she stay in Paris, ever after?

Thank you to KSR Burns for a copy of this book and the opportunity to read and review it.

When I first started reading this book, I was sure I was going to love it. Amy and I share the same birthday so I was bound to connect to her. But for me the story fell flat. There were good parts to it, like learning more about Paris and the sights there. Some of the plot seemed a bit far-fetched. I can't say too much without giving away the story. I did read the book from cover to cover though and it didn't make me want to stop reading it, which is why I gave it 3 stars.

I think other readers may enjoy this story more than I did. If you like Paris and are familiar with French, maybe this will speak to you better than it did me. Sometimes I find that books with a lot of foreign phrases that aren't translated are difficult. This book did explain the phrases a lot, but their were parts that left me confused. Maybe because this is a sequel the story fell flat for me, I'm not sure.

I will read other books by KSR Burns. In fact, I'm going to go back and read this first book The Paris Effect by K.S.R. Burns to see if that helps.

I felt the same way about the Me Before You series. I had to read the whole thing to enjoy each individual book.



View all my reviews

To order any of Ms. Burns books, click the book covers below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.