November 7, 2016

Review: The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Laura "Lo" Blacklock is a travel writer for Velocity magazine in London. While her boss is out on maternity leave, she is given the assignment to write about a boutique-style luxury cruise vessel, The Aurora. The Aurora only has ten cabins and this maiden voyage is for the press to take a look at the ship and show it to the world. A few days before Lo is to set sail on the exclusive reporter's retreat, she has a break-in at her house. She is determined to do her best on the assignment so that she may be able to get more gigs like this in the future. Once aboard the ship, she meets all the other reporter aboard, many of whom she knows already. At the end of the first night, Lo hears strange noises coming from cabin 10 and instantly she is worried about the woman who was staying there. After hearing a large splash and see what appears to be blood smeared on the partition between the cabins, she is frightened. Did she really hear something? Did she see something? Or is the combination of alcohol and jitters from the break-in at her house leave her on edge and seeing things?

Another great book for this year. Hard to put down. I read this as a part of a buddy read for September. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my copy in time. It took me only a few days to read this book and it captured me from the beginning. I can't imagine what Lo had to go through. She sees someone being thrown from the boat and blood smears on the partition between the cabins, but no one believes her and no one is supposed to be in Cabin 10. So did she really see it or was this her imagination playing tricks on her from the drinking she had been doing? Either way she is determined to get to the bottom of the story and find out what is really going on on this ship. It's not big enough for someone else not to know what is going on an why can't she find the woman who was in the cabin before and loaned her the mascara?
So many unanswered questions and Lo can't seem to find anyone who believes her story. That is except for Ben, but is that because he is in on it. There is no way to contact the outside world because the wifi on the boat has stopped working ever since she told someone about what she heard.

It was hard to connect with this character, but I did feel for her. I thought I had figured out who the woman in cabin 10 was. But I quickly found out that I was wrong. This book is highly recommended for those looking for a great thriller. The last 20% of the book will leave you literally sitting on the edge of your seat. Your heart will pound and your heart will race.

Ruth Ware is also the author of 


View all my reviews

Purchase a copy of this book by clicking the cover below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.