November 30, 2016

Review: The Girl In The Ice by Robert Bryndza

The Girl In The Ice by Robert Bryndza
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

DCI Erika Foster has just transferred to the Lewisham Row Station in London from Manchester. As soon as she is on the job, she has a case. A socialite is found frozen in the ice in the park. No one knows what happened or where she was prior to her death, but DCI Foster is determined to get to the bottom of the case. When another woman is found dead via the same means, the pressure increases to find the killer. Catching flack from her superiors on her methods of investigations, puts delays in finding the culprit. Will DCI Foster be able to solve the case? Does she have too much going on in her personal life to focus the way she should? Will she fall victim to the killer before she is able to find him?

I read this book as part of a buddy read. It has been on my TBR for a while and I was very interested to read it. For the most part I enjoyed the book, but it wasn't the first thing I grabbed. I got through it and the ending helped that along. I had no clue who the killer was and that helped to keep my interest. In my opinion DCI Foster was the kind of woman we all strive to be like, but at times it seemed like she tried to hard. Maybe that had to do with the what she had going on in her personal life. I would like to read the next book in the series to see if the character is in that same mindset or if after some time she is more focused on her job. This is also the first book I have read by Robert Bryndza and I look forward to more books from this author.

The other books in this series are:
 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.