August 15, 2015

Book Challenges



Do you like to participate in Book Challenges?  This year, I tried Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge.  So far, I have completed about 10 of the challenges on the list.  I'm sure a lot of the books I have read this year will fit into the other various categories, but it's hard to keep up.  You know, once you read a book, then you get suggestions or ideas of other books you want tot read, and my brain tends to wander.

One of the groups I'm in on Goodreads offered another challenge I decided to undertake.   The challenge is to read all of the books by one particular author.  This felt more like a challenge I could accomplish.  First of all, I could do it over a number of years and I will probably need to do so since the author I chose has written over 50 books.  I picked Janet Evanovich.  I had read one of her books, Back to the Bedroom a few years ago, before I really got into reviewing and blogging.

Her Stephanie Plum series has been on my TBR list for a very long time.  There are currently 22 books in the series, plus four "Between the Plums" books.  Janet Evanovich also has 3 other series, Fox & O'Hare, Lizzy & Diesel, and Barnaby & Hooker.  Not to mention many other books she has written and co-authored.  I've already finished One For The Money and started Two For The Dough yesterday.  It's so true what they say about too many book and not enough time!

Once this year is over, I will go back and see if I can add any of the other titles I've read to the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge.  I had planned to dedicate a lot more time and keep up with it, but thanks to the many people who I'm in groups with and who have read my blog, I've been getting more requests to review books, which I love!!

Are there any book challenges that you are currently working on this year, or would like to accomplish in the future?  Please share them with me.  Maybe there is something we can work on together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.