May 14, 2015

Review--I've Got You're Number by Sophie Kinsella

I've Got Your NumberI've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Poppy Wyatt  has just gotten engaged to Magnus Tavish.  He gives her a gorgeous emerald ring that he had to get from the family lockbox.  Then the unthinkable happens all in one horrendous day.  First, she loses the ring after her friends are passing it around at an afternoon tea and then while she is on the phone trying to locate the ring, she is mugged and the phone is snatched right out of her hand.  She finds another phone discarded in the bin(trash), what luck! Only problem is the owner wants it back before she finds her ring.

This is a cute and quirky story set in England. Poppy is marrying Magnus after being his physiotherapist.  Theirs is a quick romance.  Poppy's girlfriends are jealous and her future in-laws are very unsure about this relationship.  When Poppy meets Sam, the owner of the phone, she can't help but insert herself into his life.  They have the misfortune to share a phone since Sam is without a Personal Assistant(she's the one who tossed the phone) and Poppy has given this number to anyone in connection with finding her ring.

I listened to this book on my way to and from work this past week.  It was read in an English accent and I found myself wanting to do the same.  What I  liked about this book was the sense of adventure tied into the romance.  Trying to resolve a few crises in the midst of planning a wedding and trying to live life.  They say,  you can't help who or when you will fall in love.  Poppy never meant to fall in love with Magnus while he was her patient.  She never meant to lose his family's priceless heirloom.  She didn't mean to have her phone 'nicked' and she certainly didn't mean to find a phone in the bin and be forever connected to Sam Rockston.

This is a cute, quick adventurous love story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.