April 24, 2015

What I'm Readin' This Spring!


What I'm Readin' This Spring!

I receive lots of bookish emails from Authors, Publishers, Goodreads, Oprah, and others.  I love the emails that give you the upcoming books for the month or for the season.  I've decided to compile the lists I have received, and give you a list of my own.

The first book on my list is The Underwriting by Michelle Miller.  "In this sexy debut novel a high-stakes deal pitches the power of Wall Street against the savvy of Silicon Valley—until a young woman’s death threatens to topple it all."  I've gotten a copy of this book from FirstToRead and am looking forward to reading this next month. 

Next we have The Shell by Jenni Boyd  I have read and reviewed a couple of Jenni's books in the past.  She is bright and upcoming author and I'm excited about this new read.  Check out my reviews of her other titles Missing and Steel Justice.

These next two books, I believe, will get the wheels in my head turning:
Ghettoside:A Story of Murder in America by Jill Leovy. With so many issues going on with police brutality and killings, I am very interested to hear this authors take on the situation. Murder D.C.: A Novel by Neely Tucker I live very close to the nation's capital and I enjoy most books that have to deal with this area.  They always keep me on my toes.

Here are the other books I have added to my TBR:

The Fixer by Joseph Finder, At The Water's Edge by Sara Gruen, Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll, I Take You by Eliza Kennedy, The Deal by Elle Kennedy, Little Black Lies by Sharon Bolton, The Stranger by Harlan Coben, The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler, A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson, The Secret Wisdom of the Earth by Christopher Scotton ,and A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara.

As always, there are so many good books to read out there and not enough hours in the day to get them all read.   What do you plan on readin' this Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.