September 26, 2018

Review: Pippa by Malynda Schlegel

Pippa Pippa by Malynda Schlegel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: 2018

Pippa Jones is 10 years old. She lives with her Mommy and Daddy. Everyone in the town of Pepper Rock talks about the Joneses, but Pippa doesn't care what the neighbors think. She loves her Daddy and thinks he is the best Daddy in the whole wide world. Her friends Vinny and Kenna don't think that he's that great, but they love hanging out with Pippa. There are terrible rumors about her Daddy that Pippa doesn't know about. As she gets older and things in her world begin to change, the one constant is Daddy and Pippa has decided she is never going to leave her Daddy no matter what anyone thinks.

Thank you to Malynda Schlegel for allowing me to read and review her book.

When I first heard about this book, I thought about Baby Teeth where the little girl is a little crazy when it comes to her Daddy as well. This book was quite different though. At first I wasn't sure which direction this book was going to go, but you have to read until the very end to find the twist.

Pippa only has two friends in town. She has a special relationship with them, that at first she is hesitant to establish because she doesn't want to upset her Daddy, but he seems fine with it. The relationship between Pippa and her parents is strange and that you can tell from the start, but you just don't know what direction it is going to. The ending isn't as dramatic as I would have expected, but the book as a whole was very hard to put down.


AUTHOR INTERVIEW:

What 'Cha Readin'?: Where is your favorite place to read?write?

Malynda: I'm a walker.  I like to pace around while I read. To write ... anywhere that is distraction free. I need absolute quiet around me, no movements from other people, or I can’t put words down.

WCR: Which character in Pippa do you identify with most?

M:  Probably Pippa. Fortunately, we have very different lives, but I understand her.

WCR: What is your favorite book or author?

M: That’s a hard one! I’m as moody a reader as I am a writer. So, I’m going to recommend a recent read that I really enjoyed – The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager 


View all my reviews


To get a copy of Pippa for yourself, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.