July 13, 2018

AudioBook Review: The Year We Turned Forty by Liz Fenton & Lisa Steinke

The Year We Turned Forty by Liz Fenton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: April 2016

Claire, Jessie, and Gabriella have been friends for many years. They all have birthdays around the same time and they always celebrate together. On their 50th birthday, they decide to spend it in Vegas. The first night is Claire's birthday and they visit a magician who gives them an offer they can't refuse, or can they? They can go back to this same night 10 years prior to Claire's 40th birthday and make changes in their lives. But the changes they make won't affect just them. Will they take the offer, or leave it and continue to live their lives?

Seeing as this is the year that I turn 40, I was intrigued by this book. If I had the opportunity to go back in time and relive a year of my life, would I do it? I think that I would. I don't think that I would think twice about it. There are a lot of things I would like to change about the past, and having the ability to do so, sounds great.

For Claire, Jessie and Gabriella, they have some serious issues to get through and see if they can't fix the second time around. From the death of a parent, to an award winning career and an affair, will going back in time make things different in this new life? Will things be better or worse?



View all my reviews

To order a copy of this book for yourself, click on the book cover below;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.