February 19, 2018

Review: Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughn

Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When you marry a person, you think you know who they are. Sure, we all have our pasts, but those pasts make us into the people we are today. Sophie and James Whitehouse have known each other for a long time. They met and dated in college, went their separate ways and then met and dated again and eventually got married. They started a family had two beautiful children and James embarked on a political career with his long time friend who is now the Prime Minister.

James comes home one night with some devastating news for Sophie, he has cheated on her and the news will be all over the papers in the morning. He claims this is the one and only time this has happened during their marriage, but when more news breaks a few weeks later, Sophie begins to question everything she has ever known about her husband. Will she be able to stay with him after all of this? Will she ever be able to trust him again?

Thank you to NetGalley, Emily Bestler/Atria Books and Simon & Schuster for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I was very excited to read this book. The premise of the story had me hooked from the start. Cheating husband with secrets...I wanted to know what those secrets were and how his family would handle them. Unfortunately this story fell flat for me. It was easy to guess what the twist in the story was although it may not have been obvious the character behind the twist. Once the biggest reveal was made the secret was never exposed in a way I would have like for it to have been. I was waiting for the bomb to drop which was why I kept reading. It was more like a BB Gun went off instead.

I give this 3 stars for the overall story was interesting and it kept me reading, but in the end, I was disappointed.

View all my reviews

To order a copy of this book for yourself, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.