July 4, 2017

Review: The Map That Leads to You by J.P. Monninger


The Map That Leads to You by J.P. Monninger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Heather Mulgrew is on a summer trip with two of her closest friends from college. They have just graduated from Amherst College and Heather has a job waiting for her at Bank of America in New York City. This trip is exactly what they need before beginning the rest of their lives. On the train to Amsterdam she meets Jack and from that moment forward, her life will never be the same. Jack has a freedom that Heather has never experienced and together they build a great friendship that quickly turns to so much more.

Thank you to St. Martins Press along with Karen Masnica and Caitlin Dareff for sharing their reading, discussing and experiences with this love story. I received two copies from them along with a letter that told me to share my second copy and I did that with my mother. I can't wait to share my thoughts with her on this book.

The story starts with the three girls traveling across Europe after graduating from college. This is something I have always wanted dreamed of doing. When Heather meets the handsome stranger on the train to Amsterdam, he changes her life forever. He makes her think about her future and life in general in a entirely different way. Their connection is instant but the trip won't last forever. What is going to happen when the time comes for Heather to return home. Will Jack change his plans for her or will this just be a summer fling?

This book evoked a lot of emotion in me. Heather is following Hemingway's story through Europe while Jack is following his grandfather's journal from after WWII. I gave this book a 3 star rating because it didn't really grab me the way I thought it would. The story was interesting and the flow was good, but there were parts that had me confused. Some of the language seemed European even though the main characters were American. I'm not sure if that was because of their education and love of books, or as the writing was intended. For those who like a good love story will enjoy this book. Get your tissues though!



View all my reviews

Get a copy of this book for yourself by clicking on the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.