January 23, 2017

The Best of 2016


Reading in 2016 did not start out too good for me.  I read one book in January, one in February and none in March.  I was in a bad reading slump.  I finally was able to get out of it and start my year off to a bang.  The first book that help me to get out of the slump and get me back in the swing of things was
I have read a few of Kimberla Lawson Roby books in the past, but this one really struck a cord with me.  Her Christian Fiction is always enjoyable and makes you think about what is going on in your life. This was my first 5 star rated book of the year.  It helped to get me out of my reading slump.  

I'm not quite sure how I first got introduced to the husband wife writing team of Nicci French, but I have fallen in love with their Freida Klein books.  This year I read   
I have read every day of the week so far.  I started Friday On My Mind later in the year, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it.  I will try to read it again later on.  Next up for them is Saturday Requiem which was published in March 2016.  Don't know what they will do when the week ends and what will happen with Frieda, but I look forward for the opportunity to find out. 


I read my first Chris Bohjalian book as part of a book club, Midwives.  Since then I have read several of his other books and he is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors.  I love how easily you can connect to his characters.  This year I read 
This is an amazing story that will capture your attention from the very beginning.  I am now looking forward to reading
 which was released earlier this month.

One of the best books I read in 2016 was
 This is a story that completely resonates with what is happening in our country right now.  It will leave you wanting to read more of her books, which they are all great.  All of Jodi Picoult's books seem as though they are ripped from the headlines.  I love them. 

Another great book I read this year is by another author who is quickly becoming one of my favorites, Jane Green.  I was introduced to her books a couple of years ago looking for something easy to listen to on audio and I came across on of hers.  Since then I have been hooked.  
 Falling is a love story based loosely on how she met her current husband.  It will have you wanting to find love just like that.  

And finally, 
Gayle Forman is usually known for her Young Adult books, but this time she wrote one geared more to adults and I loved it!!  

I hope you will go back through the archives to read some of these reviews and pick them up for yourself to read.  

For 2017 I want to read a ton more books, I've even made my reading goal for 100 even though I only read 41 for this year.  I'm working on reading Harry Potter this year, I have never read it and there is a challenge to read a chapter every day.  I'm going to do this with my daughter who really likes Harry Potter.  Also I want to read all of James Patterson's stand alone books.  I am caught up with the Women's Murder Club series and I look forward to reading these books, I haven't gotten a chance to read yet.  That along with catching up on the NetGalley books I have left to read, should keep me pretty busy for the year.  Please let me know what you plan on reading this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.