January 20, 2017

Review: The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Plumb family are anxiously awaiting the youngest, Melody's, 40th birthday that's when they are allowed to get "The Nest", an inheritance their father has left for them later in life, when they will be able to use it more sensibly. When the oldest, Leo gets into some trouble, their mother decides to use some of The Nest to help get him out of the jam. The time has now come for them to retrieve The Nest, but will Leo give them the money they need in order to get the amount they were expecting.

I found it very hard to connect with the characters in this book. No one grabbed my attention or made me interested to read the book. The story, overall has some interesting aspects to it, the connection to 9/11 and each individual character had an interesting enough story. The family as a whole seemed like a bunch of whiney babies that should be better able to handle their issues at 40 and over. I'm not sure if I will read other books by this author, but I'm down to try.

 
Purchase a copy of this book by clicking the book cover below:
 
https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=whacharea08-20&l=li1&o=1&a=B010LU8V8Q" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />

View all my reviews

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.