March 17, 2015

Review--Skinny Me by Charlene Carr

Skinny Me (A New Start, #1)Skinny Me by Charlene Carr
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jennifer is overweight and miserable.  She has recently lost her mother and even more recently, her job.  After a party at her cousins house, she is feeling even more miserable about her life.  She decides to make a chand and finally lose some weight.  She joins a gym and when she finds out her trainer is her cousin, Autumn's hot boyfriend, it's all the motivation she needs.  If she loses the weight she knows she will be so much happier.  She just has to reach that goal weight.  But with so many other issues plaguing her life is this really what is going to make her happy?  Will lusting after someone she knows is taken make her happy?

I could relate to Jennifer in some ways.  There are days when I look in the mirror and am completely unhappy with my reflection.  Then there are other days when it is no big deal.  There are so many women with body image issues all over the world regardless if they are overweight or not.  It's good to see Charlene Carr tackling an issue such as this one.  Jennifer's issues were more than just the number on the scale and until she was ready to face those issues and deal with them head on.  Along the way she ends and mends relationships and finds the person her family always knew existed, but hadn't seen behind all of the anger.

*I received a copy of this book from NetGalley*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.