August 27, 2019

Review: A Stranger on the Beach by Michele Campbell



A Stranger on the Beach by Michele Campbell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: July 2019
A Stranger on the Beach  



Caroline Stark has been married to her husband, Jason, for 20 years. They have one daughter, Hannah, who is a freshman in college. When Caroline's husband brings his mistress to their housewarming party, Caroline is beside herself. In order to get back at Jason, she decides to have a one-night stand with a local bartender, Aidan, who also just happens to be the stranger who likes to stand on the beach and stare at her house for hours. But the events that follow that one night are far more than Caroline bargained for. Even stranger her story and Aidan's story seem completely different. Who is telling the truth? And who will you believe?

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.

This book drew me in from the very beginning and didn't let me go until the end. Being a woman I truly felt bad for Caroline and the situation she was in. I think I would lose it, if I found out my husband was having an affair. I don't know if I would go out looking for vindication by doing the same deed.

From the start, I didn't like Aidan, he seemed like one of those guys you say hi to in passing and the next thing you know, he's everywhere you turn. He really creeped me out.

I loved this book and I couldn't put it down. I didn't see the twists and turns coming and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Michele Campbell writes books that leave your mind spinning. Pick this one up as soon as you can.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

2 comments:

  1. That's a very insensitive husband, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was really good and the twist I didn't see coming.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.