October 29, 2018

Audio Book Review: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: 2017

Dimple Shah has just graduated from high school and, in the fall, she will go to Stanford and study web design. San Francisco State University, is holding a six-week course for this over the summer, that Dimple would love to attend. The only problem is that it costs $1000 and she knows her parents can't afford it. So she is genuinely surprised when they agree to let her go. On her first day she runs into, literally, Rishi Patel, who is there on an arrangement from his parents. Dimple has no idea. Dimple is not having any of it. When they are paired for the six weeks, Dimple is sure it will never work. Rishi isn't even into web design, but as time goes on, and they get to know each other better, Dimple begins to change her mind about Rishi. But is it enough to promise her life to him at this young age, or will they just be friends for the long haul.

I loved listening to this book. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed the book just reading it. As a married woman, I don't know if I could have allowed my parents to set me up with my future husband.

Dimple is a non-traditional Hindu woman. She wants a job and a career before even thinking about a boyfriend, much less a husband. Rishi is very traditional and just wants his parents to be proud of him. They both are able to teach the other a different way of life, but will it be enough for them to agree to be together?
I love how these two young adults tried something new and allowed themselves to feel something they may not have otherwise felt. They were both able to make new friends and make discoveries about themselves that helped them to grow.

This is a great story for young adults to read. Sure in the end, we all want to find that special someone and settle down. But you should live your life for yourself, before you decide that it's time to settle down. And when you find that special someone, you should know what to do to make them happy and make yourself happy as well.

View all my reviews

To order a copy of this book for yourself, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.