April 21, 2018

Audiobook Review: Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: 2006
Will be a mini-series on HBO this summer!

When Camille Preaker is sent back to her hometown of Wind Gap, Missouri to cover the murder of one young girl and the disappearance of a second. It's not an assignment she's not looking forward to. She barely speaks to her mother who was never very good at mothering. And she has a half sister who might ass well be a stranger. Returning to Wind Gap is not only difficult because of the relationships with her family buy also because her younger sister. Marion died here when she was just thirteen. Fresh out of a psych ward, will this assignment put her back there?

This book on audio really held my attention. Two young girls are murdered in a small town. No one is sure who could possibly be doing this. The local police are convinced its an outsider, the Detective from the big city thinks its a local, and one of the friends of the dead girls, is convinced he saw a woman dragging her into the woods. Will the police find the killer before another little girl goes missing? Will Camille be able to spend this time in her hometown and complete her job or will it send her back over the edge?

I found myself staying in my car a little longer no matter where I was going while I had this book on audio. I've had the book on my TBR for a very long time. I was so glad I finally got a chance to get it off my list. If you haven't read it, I suggest you pick up a copy right away.

View all my reviews

To order a copy of this book for yourself, click on the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.