September 8, 2017

Review: A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena

A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Karen and Tom Krupp have been married for two years and they are very much in love. When Tom comes home from work one night, he finds his front door unlocked and dinner half way done in the kitchen, but his wife and her car are no where to be found. After calling her best friend and neighbor Brigid and having no luck with where Karen, might be, Tom calls the police to report her missing. Shortly after, the police arrive at his door to let him know that Karen has been in a terrible accident and is in the hospital. Tom is instantly worried because none of these actions sound like his wife. But does Tom now Karen as well as he thinks? Is she keeping secrets from him?

Let me just say that female thriller writers are hitting it out of the park this year. I don't think I've read one bad one yet. A Stranger in the House was incredible. From the very beginning it grips you and pulls you into the story. It was so hard to put down.

Karen Krupp is your typical housewife with a part-time job. Dinner is on the table at the same time each night. But lately, things haven't been quite right. Things are moved in the house that neither she or Tom have moved. After her accident she has amnesia and can't remember what happened that night and with her mind still foggy from the concussion she's not sure if she's going crazy or if things really are being moved. She is living in constant fear of her past and the police since a body was found near the scene of her accident. Will she be able to lean on Tom for the support she needs during this difficult time? Will she be able to count on her friend Brigid to be a shoulder to cry on?

There was only one thing I saw coming in this book the rest took me by surprise. There were twists and turns around each corner. I wasn't sure which way I wanted the story to go, but I was eager to figure out who did what to who and how and why. This is by far one of the best books I have read this year and I highly recommend it.



View all my reviews

Purchase a copy of this book by clicking the book cover below:


Enter my Birthday giveaway to win a Reading Journal and National Book Festival Swag



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.