February 27, 2017

Review: Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens

Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lindsey and Sophie are mother and daughter. They live together in Dogswood Bay. Sophie is in here senior year in high school and Lindsey owns her own cleaning company. When Lindsey finds out that her ex-husband, Andrew is about to be released from prison after 10 years, she goes on the alert. He was very abusive and manipulative towards Lindsey, but Sophie wants her dad to be a part of her life. When things start to happen that can only be explained by Andrews controlling behavior, the pair try to hide from him in any way they can. Will they be able to stay away from him, or will he try to hurt Lindsey again?

First of all thank you to Net Galley and St. Martin's Press for the ability to read this book before it is released. Another book that had me on the edge of my seat and at the end, my heart was beating out of my chest, I was so excited to figure out what was going to happen next. Lindsey is a character that you can see as the lady next door or one of your friends. Trying to rebuild her life after being in an abusive relationship and trying to build a life for her young daughter to look up to. When she finds out that her ex is not only being released from prison after 10 years, but that he will also be moving to the same town, she is instantly on high alert. How can she keep herself and her daughter safe? Not sure of who to turn to and who to trust, she may see things in a clouded light.

I really felt for Lindsey and I could feel her fear. You are really drawn into this story and you want to help Lindsey and Sophie get out of their tough circumstances. I have read nearly all of Chevy Stevens books and I have not been disappointed by one yet. This book had a twist that you could see coming, but the culprit was hard to figure out. A few times, I thought I knew what was going to happen and I was shocked by the final outcome. This is a book you will not want to put down and will not want to read if you have a bad heart. Loved it!!!



View all my reviews


Pre-order your copy today before the March 14th release by clicking the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.