October 11, 2016

Review: Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nick Young and Rachel Chu are both professors at NYU and have been dating for a couple of years. With the summer off, Nick invites Rachel home with him to Singapore to attend his best friend's wedding and spend the summer exploring the place he grew up. Nick hasn't told Rachel much about his family and she has only met his cousin, Astrid, but she is ready to take this next step in their relationship. What Rachel doesn't know is that Nick's family is among some of the wealthiest in Singapore and when Rachel steps off that plane, her life will never be the same.

I feel as though I cheated myself a bit when I read this book because, I had already read the sequel China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians #2) by Kevin Kwan so I knew what was going to happen. Although it was very interesting at this point to get the back story. I'm not quite sure what I would do if I were in Rachel's shoes. Nick didn't tell her about the status of his wealth, because he was sure she would be able to handle it. But after being constantly asked about her family and where she comes from and finding fish guts in her hotel room, Rachel decides that she might not be cut out for this kind of life. She loves Nick a lot, but having to deal with his family is a whole other ballgame.

I really like the characters Kevin Kwan has created in this series. The book made me laugh out loud and cry to myself. It make me want to travel to Singapore or China and see this first hand. Although, with my financial status, I would never be able to come close. I hear there are talks of a movie for this http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/book... and I would definitely go to see it. Not sure if there are more books to come for this series, but I'm looking forward to reading more by Kevin Kwan.

View all my reviews

Get a copy of the this book from Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.