September 2, 2015

One Author Challenge-Love In A Nutshell by Janet Evanovich & Dorien Kelly


Love in a Nutshell by Janet Evanovich
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Kate Appleton is at a point in her life where things couldn't possibly be worse.  She is currently living in Keene's Harbor in Michigan in an attempt to fix up her parent's summer home into a Bed and Breakfast before the new mortgage holder takes over.

Matt Culhane is at a point in his life where things couldn't be better.  His Depot Brewery and restaurant is doing great and he has plans for more businesses in the very near future.  He does have one small problem, though.  Someone seems to be after him.

After being fired from her job Kate starts working for Matt as a "floater" and spy.  It's her job to find the saboteur in the establishment as well as help out where she is needed.  What will happen between them during this time?

I didn't dive into this book the way I thought I would when I got this book from the library.  Trying to continue my Janet Evanovich challenge this was the next book I picked up.  I started with the Stephanie Plum series, but I am waiting for Three to Get Deadly to become available.

Mostly this was a cute story that held my interest at certain parts.  About half way through, the excitement picked up and helped to carry me to the end.  I like Kate's character and she seemed like someone I would be friends with.  The same with Matt.  He is not your typical guy, he is a true gentleman that genuinely care for those around him.  He's the kind of guy every woman wants.  This was not one of my favorites, but I am not giving up on my challenge.

The next book I'm going to read for the Challenge is The Husband List which is also co-authored by Dorien Kelly.  I got this from the library at the same time as this book.  I'm going to take a small break from JE for a while though and switch to something different.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.