August 7, 2014

Review--Home by Brenda Kearns

HomeHome by Brenda Kearns
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Home is a YA novel.  This story was short and sweet.

Allie is 14 years old and she is about to enter her 17th foster home. Her only goal is to get back to her mother.  She, along with her younger twin siblings, Luke and Madeline just want to stay together at home.  Allie tries every trick in her foster care book to get them home as soon as possible.  At first, her tricks work, but she will soon learn that home may not be all that it's cracked up to be.

This was a really short book and a quick read.  I think I finished the whole thing in about 3 hours.  This is a great book for any young person who is struggling in foster care.  No matter how hard or difficult things are back at home, that is where kids in foster care prefer to be.  Not all foster homes are as great as the one Allie has just landed in, but she has gotten pretty lucky this time.

I encourage all young people to read this book.

**I received this book from Story Cartel in exchange for my review.**


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.