January 8, 2018

Review: House Divided by Jami Deise

House Divided by Jami Deise
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Erin and her husband, Jack live their professional lives on opposite sides of the aisle. Erin's blood bleeds blue, while Jack reports on all things red. When they are home, all of that is put to the side. Jack really doesn't believe most of the garbage he reports on, which makes their relationship work. But when Jack gets a new job at the same time Erin loses hers, their relationship and family will be put to the test.

Thank you to Jami Deise for the opportunity to read and review this book. This is the first book I have read from this author and it was a great political/family novel.

What would you do, if you found out your family was about to hit it big time? That you're husband's name was about to be on everyone's lips. All of a sudden people are nicer to you and things just seem to come easier. Erin feels very skeptical about Jack's new job and doesn't like the man it is turning him in to. He used to be laid back and right now, he seems on edge about everything. Erin has just lost her job, but the whole operation shut down after the election. She is eager to find a new job, but Jack insists she stays home with the kids since he will be making so much money. But money isn't everything and it definitely isn't buying them happiness.

I will say this about Erin, she is a strong willed woman who I'm not sure if I could fill her shoes. Some women enjoy working, I am one of those as well, especially when it's a job that I enjoy. So if I had lost that job, through no fault of my own I would be devastated and I would expect my husband to be by my side. I don't think Erin had that opportunity to mourn her job the way she wanted. She comes home to tell her husband about it just to find out he's landed a new job himself making a million dollars a year. It's more money then they have ever seen, but Erin is still a little skeptical about it. When she sees changes in Jack that she is not used to, it further confirms her suspicions that maybe this isn't the right job for him. The fallout from the two of them is immediate. Jack telling her that she doesn't need to work, she can stay home with their kids, when that is the last thing she wants to do.

Overall this was a cute quirky book. It touched me since it was based where I live. I was able to read this book quickly and it was hard to put down.

AUTHOR INTERVIEW:

1. Where is your favorite place to write?
My favorite place to write is my dining room table, which looks out onto our pool and the Boca Ciega Bay.

2. What is your favorite book of all time(not one of yours)?
Favorite book is I Don't Know How She Does It

3. Do you think your personality is more like Erin's or Jack's?
I'm definitely more like Erin



View all my reviews


Get a copy of Jami's book by clicking the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.